Rest in flowers (RIF)

I was walking pass a queue of people signing up for yoga nitra. With the raise of restorative yoga, yin yoga, irest and other forms of resting avenues, I begin to wonder why we need to pay, go somewhere just to rest or relax.

So I went for yin yoga and frankly I've never felt quite so uncomfortable. Having been used to much stimulation and feeling the need to be constantly distracted... sitting still in meditation is hard enough... not to mention sit still in discomfort in a yin pose (usually some toes and bits stuck in a forward or backward fold) What seems to be the problem with the modern human doing that needs constant distraction?

Instead of dwelling in the why, I've decided to make a few changes to my life. I started walking slower, looking more closely at nature, reduce time spent on digital stimulation. (This is hard I must confess)...

Have you ever noticed how many shades of green and how many shapes of leaves there are in the same tree or in other plants? Do you know that there are about 35000 colours tested and found in one single tree? Have you seen how clouds float so quickly much like our thoughts? Have you noticed how many colour combinations there are in the same species of flowers? Some have yellows bursting through the center, some have yellows fading into whites and pinks, some are saturated in red ... and the white ones smell much stronger than the reds? I am wondering if the white flowers decided to  keep their fragrance instead of spending it on colour because they are smarter...

Today I fell in love with a little clever beautiful white sweet smelling flower. Namaste!

Comments

Popular Posts

Followers